- Fluid upto 200°C can be obtained using PTC.
- The sunrays falling on the parabola (reflector) are reflected onto the receiver tube.
- The fluid flowing through the receiver tube gets heated due to the solar heat.
- This is a tracking collector. As the sun travels across the horizon, the parabola rotates, such that it always faces the sun.
- This ensures maximum energy capture.
- The theoretical concentration ratio is 1:20.
- PTC is used to generate low-pressure steam or to heat thermic fluid upto 200°C.